There is no doubt that juicers are getting popular these days. This is because they make juice extraction easier than usual. They are different types of juicers and two of the most popular are the centrifugal and the masticating juicers. In this article, we will try to unlock which is better on this centrifugal vs masticating juicers article.
From the name itself, centrifugal juicers use inertia’s effect in juicing out vegetables and fruits. The ingredients that will intrude the extractor of the juicer which is located in the center will be juiced out.
Usually, they are the ones that are more available in the local stores in our area. This is because a lot of manufacturers are making this type of juicer.
They have particular advantages over their masticating juicer counterparts. Let us enumerate them below.
- They are so durable. They can manage to juice out very hard fruits and vegetables without having a hard time.
- Centrifugal juicers are fast. Despite their simpler components, they can perform their functions quicker than other juicers. Its centrifugal force makes its juicing function super efficient and fast.
- They have lower prices. This is because they do not contain too many components. They are built in a simpler prototype that minimizes the parts needed to build one.
- Easy to Use and Clean. Many people who want to start juicing fruits and veggies would be advised to buy a centrifugal juicer, but why? This is because it has a large feeder and noncomplex interface that will allow you to understand its use quickly. It is also easy to detach meaning you can clean it without any hassles.
- It creates too much noise. There is no big deal about this anymore because it is expected. The power of the centrifugal force is the one responsible for it since it has too much force to accommodate even hard ingredients.
- Juices created from centrifugal juicers must be consumed immediately. This is because this type of juicer produces more oxidation which allows the freshness to fade quicker than normal.
- Lower yields and output. Since centrifugal juicers exert a lot of force, it increases the occurrence of foam in its output. As a result, lesser juice is extracted which compromises the amount of juice that you will get.
This type of juicer utilizes augers to crush the raw ingredients when it passes through its tunnel. Afterward, it uses a squeezing motion to produce the juice. There is another tunnel wherein the extracted juice will pass leading to a secluded container.
Masticating juicers are more modern and have more complexities compared to the centrifugal juicers. People who want a more advanced type of juicer often resort to buying masticating juicers.
Let us not try to determine its pros and cons in bulleted points below.
- Quiet operation. If you are the particular type of person that does not want noisy appliances then masticating juicers are the best for you. Its motor is more refined which results in an uninterrupted night sleep even if you use it in the evening while other people inside your home are sleeping already.
- Good for hardy ingredients. You do not have to worry about putting super solid fruits and vegetables inside a masticating juicer because it has a solid churner that can squeeze them out easily.
- Hassle-free to clean. You do not have to worry about cleaning masticating juicers. They are so easy to disassemble making you clean it without any difficulties at all. As a result, you can use a juicer that is hygienic and safe to use.
- Can produce more juice. This is because there is less oxidation on the way a masticating juice processes the ingredients. As a result, it will produce less foamy and more yield juices.
- Can preserve juices much longer. The less moisture will allow the juices to last longer than usual. As a result, you can refrigerate the juice for up to 3 days without spoiling.
- Amazing design. As you will notice, most masticating juicers have a more modern design which is perfect if you want to add up some wow factor to your kitchen.
- A little bit slow in extracting juices. This is acceptable because masticating juicers avoid oxidation from happening by slowly juicing out your fruits and vegetables. If you are in a rush, this could be an issue.
- The feeder tube is tiny. You will need to slice the raw ingredients individually for it to fit inside.
- This is expected because they are the modern type juicers. As a result, the materials used in making them are more complex which is costlier.
What to choose?
Regarding this question, it is pretty subjective. This is because we all have different preferences for whatever we are doing. For people who want to have a more classic feel of juicing then centrifugal juicers are the ones to choose. They are the best for beginners because they are simpler to use. Well, both of them will create juicers that you would want to enhance your health. You just need to balance out what you need because they have different features and advantages although their purpose still stays the same.
If you want a lesser food waste then go with masticating juicers but be ready as it will consume more time in juicing. On the other hand, a centrifugal juicer is perfect if you are always in a rush because you can put the raw ingredients much quicker compared to its counterpart.
Now you know the comparison of centrifugal vs masticating juicers, you now have the idea of which fits for your needs. Well, they have their edge over another and it just depends on your preference of what to choose. The most important thing is both of them are functional in making juices that will surely benefit your health.
In order to ensure that you will get the most out of it, always consider the factors that we have discussed above. With that, you will never go wrong once you buy a juicer that is appropriate for your needs.